Saturday, January 06, 2007

Let say "Oriental Attitude"

I think we all have to try out the oriental attitude, this is what I did in Vienna last night ! There was a big party with an oriental mix inspired by Buddha bar and other punjabi and Indian Pakistani music ! It was really great, I enjoyed the music and the different shows ! It was a bit like the Persian night of september.
Do you know buddha bar music ? It is very worth, great sounds coming from far-east roots and southern mediterranean rythms sometimes...
All this attitude makes me think of the parisian institute for the Arab world, a very nice institute I discovered throughout my trip in France. I went first there before christmas to see the exhibition about Venice, really interesting and putting in perspective the development of the venician style (architectural and artistic styles), closely linked to trade with oriental countries. All the ideas and methods came from above the Mediterranean sea. My second time there was after new year's eve, I visited the permanent exhibition, and learnt a lot about the role of the Arabs throughout the centuries. A really interesting exhibition that everybody should have seen, to get out of the current bipolar vision of the world.
Anyway, a lot of things are hidden behind the word "oriental" and my current oriental attitude should help me tackling with all these aspects of cultural diversity!

No comments: