Wednesday, January 30, 2008

like in "the bubble"

Yesterday evening, I've seen the israeli film "The bubble", from Eytan Fox. It is the kind of film that makes you think... 2 hours after the end, I was thinking of what it tells to the world, to Humanity. In fact, after this film, you almost need to talk, to say to the world "I've seen this film, it's a message for peace!" Although the end is quite sad since the 2 guys die, and I would have preferred them to stay alive together. But, when I think of it, I realize it makes more sense: I guess Eytan Fox wants to convey a strong image so that people react, and not a mellow end which is reserved for American productions and that would make all spectators happy ! After seeing Ha' Buah (the name in hebrew), I told to myself "Wow, I love Tel Aviv and would like to go there and see how life is. So many people everywhere in the street, a kind of city you quickly are attached to, a bit like Vienna maybe, but in more animated?" A Viennese friend that has cousins in Tel Aviv told me it's an amazing city, very lively, each week new pubs open and older ones close, the streets are always crowdy and with the Mediterranean sea it's just great... And that's it, I'm going to learn modern hebrew, I want to get more than what a simple tourist can see there. I want to feel like a local guy from Tel Aviv. Shalom!

This morning again, I'm asking myself why people can be manipulated and explode in the middle of a crowd, believing it's good for their... God? How does it feel to be a martyr? Why can one's come to that point? When you see the Bubble, you realize there are thousands of people that want peace in Israel and Palestine (you usually don't see them in the news on television), you see how the killing machine overtakes the ones who want to live in peace and to leave politics far away. You see two folks, which are raring to talk to each other, to live together, but cannot because of fear. What else ? Many things that you will discover watching this film and that I'll discover watching it again !

Many thanks to Ohad Knoller, Yousef 'Joe' Sweid, Daniela Virtzer, Alon Friedman and of course Eytan Fox for הבועה !



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PEZDA V OPASNOSTE!!!!111