Saturday, November 18, 2006

Weihnachtsmarktsbeginn !

Today was the beginning of the Advent season for Vienna, and many christmas markets have opened ! We did the one in front of the City Hall, am Rathausplatz, another one in the Spittelberg district, and a very small one on the Mariahilferstraße. It's a lovely atmosphere, and people meet each other for a glass of Glühwein, what we did actually ! The city hall is very nicely lighted, and as the giant christmas tree has been switched on, we could hear a large "oooh" in the christmas crowd... You see below the pictures of the christmas market Rathausplatz. In fact, all the small chalets are at the same place each year, therefore after 2 or 3 years of going to see the christmas market, you know very well where you can get Glühwein... Thanks to my friends, I'm sure I'll never freeze, since they'll offer more than one Glühwein to me :-) before I can feel any of my fingers becoming cold !





 Posted by Picasa

No comments: